All course books can be ordered online through the school’s bookseller (MBS Direct) or through the bookseller of your choice. Please note that books are not for sale on campus or in the school store, and students must have their course books when school starts.
Here is some important information about how to order your books.
1. When you log into MBS Direct, first click on “Let’s Get Started.” You can then “Shop By Schedule” by entering your child’s Veracross Student ID, which is generally the first four letters of his or her last name and the first letter of his or her first name (John Smith, for example, would be smitj). Your child’s Veracross Student ID was also sent to you in a July 17 email from Kathy Noble (Upper School) or Jen Fulcher (Middle School). “Shop by Schedule” will pull up all the course books for the classes your child is enrolled in. You can also “Shop by Course” at the bottom of the page. For this option, you don’t need a Veracross ID, but you will need to know the classes your child is enrolled in.
2. When you check out on MBS Direct, you will need to create an account. It’s best if you create the account in your child’s name and using his or her email address, especially if you are ordering e-books (more on this in item #3, below). If your child is a boarding student, please know that you can ship your books directly to the school using the address 20 Greenwood Court, Easthampton, MA 01027, to the attention of your child. (This address is good for packages and mail throughout the year.) Books delivered to 20 Greenwood Court before Friday, September 6, will be waiting in your child’s room when he or she arrives.
3. An important note about e-books: If you order an e-book for your child, a separate confirmation email will be sent to the email associated with your MBS account that includes a link and important log-in information. Please do not try to download or access the e-book from home. Students will do this at school once they have their Surfaces at school. For this reason, is very important to save the log-in information and have your child bring it to school for Welcome Days. If you set up your MBS Direct account under your name, you will need to provide your child with the login name and password.
4. If you prefer to order through another vendor, you can download the book list at the link below. We do strongly recommend that all e-books be purchased through MBS Direct.
5. If you have questions about any of this, please contact Jane Hannigan for help, at email@example.com.