HOW TO APPLY
At Williston Northampton School, you can be yourself. We’re more than a school, we’re a community—a caring fellowship of teachers, advisors, coaches, and classmates. Our job is to understand what motivates you, then to guide and support you in pursuing your interests—and discovering new ones. In our classrooms, on our playing fields, and in our dorms, we inspire students to live with purpose, passion, and integrity. We hope you’ll join us!
Click on the steps below to find out more about the application process.
You can apply to Williston using our application or one of three common applications. You can access two of these applications online by clicking on the links below:
If you prefer, you can download the Williston Upper School application (pdf), the Williston Middle School application (pdf), or the Association of Boarding Schools Common Application.
If you have any questions about the options above, please contact the Admission Office by email or call (413) 529-3241.
We will begin receiving applications in September.
All applications are due in the Admission Office by January 15. Financial aid applications are due on February 1.
Supporting documents for financial aid applications should be sent as soon as they are available. Each application is then reviewed by the school's Admission Committee, which makes the final decisions on completed files.
International student applicants who will not be able to visit us on campus should contact the Admission Office about the possibility of scheduling a Skype interview or telephone interview. We ask that international students submit an application and an official school transcript before contacting the Admission Office about scheduling a Skype or telephone interview.
All interviews must be completed by February 15 to ensure a March 10 decision.
Decision letters are mailed from the Admission Office on March 10 and accepted applicants have until April 10 to respond.
Decisions are made on a rolling admission basis for any student who applies to Williston after March 10. We encourage late applicants to call us directly regarding the availability of spaces for the coming academic year.
All applicants to Williston are required to provide the following:
- Application fee of $50 and $100 for international applicants
- Campus tour and interview (off-campus interview with an admission representative available depending on geographic location)
- Recommendation forms:
-School report form completed by counselor
-Current English teacher recommendation
-Current math teacher recommendation
- Student essays
- Parental statement
- An official school transcript (with a minimum of two years of credits)
- Grades from at least the first two quarters or first trimester for the current school year
- Testing information: students applying for 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade are required to take the SSAT. Students applying for 11th, 12th or the PG year are required to take the SSAT, PSAT, or SAT. International students for whom English is a second language are required to take the TOEFL.