Williston’s 11th annual Film Festival was held on May 10, and featured an “impressively strong” 60 entries from 12 schools across New England, according to organizer and photography teacher Edward Hing ’77.
“This year the Williston Film Club has really stepped up its presence and productivity,” Hing said. “Kira Bixby’s film Bullet was a great example of the collaborative spirit that they’ve got and how that really impacts the final results,” he added.
- Best Picture: For Sale, DJ Charles, Concord Academy
- Best Editing: The Book, Quinn Hank, Concord Acaademy
- Best Screenplay: Bullet, Kira Bixby, Williston Northampton School
- Best Documentary: How Are the Boys Going to Learn Algebra? Erin Hanlon, Governor’s Academy
- Most Creative: Gone, Xin Wang, Miss Hall’s School
- Best Music Video: Jared, Mason Chiuli, Northampton High School
- Best PSA: Mental Health, Minh Le, Williston Northampton School
- Best Cinematography: Catalyst, Charlie Tilney-Volk, Suffield
- Best Williston Film: Bullet, Kira Bixby
On a related note, Kira Bixby’s film Bullet was selected to be screened at the 7th Annual Hotchkiss Film Festival from over 60 entries. Mr. Hing brought the crew to the festival on May 12 (see photo above).
Congratulations to all who participated!