Williston “Safer-At-Home” Guidelines
One essential part of our plan is to begin the year by reassembling our community as carefully as possible. To that end, Williston strongly recommends that all students, families, faculty, and staff adhere to the following Safer-at-Home guidelines for 14 days prior to arrival on campus. These guidelines are based on the Massachusetts Safer-at-Home guidelines. Please note that in addition to following these guidelines, all students will be tested twice before joining the community—once 72 hours prior to campus arrival and once upon arrival to campus. Students who do not produce two negative tests may not be on campus and must start the school year remotely.
During the Safer-at-Home period, all members of the community should:
- Stay at home except for essential errands such as going to work, the grocery store, and to attend to healthcare needs.
- Wear masks or face coverings when they cannot maintain six feet of social distancing in public.
- Limit gatherings to household members only.
- Self-monitor for symptoms and contact primary care provider if anyone feels sick.
- Refrain from participating in high risk activities, which include group sports, parties or events, restaurant dining, group gatherings of more than 10 people, public transportation, and travel out of state.
- Wash hands frequently and avoid touching surfaces in public spaces.
In addition to these guidelines, we will be asking all students to fill out a Risk Assessment Form when they arrive on campus. This form will ask the student about whether they have not followed any of the above guidelines, particularly during the prior 72 hours. If they answer yes to any of these questions, they will be tested, but then must quarantine in their dorm room alone, in a hotel room with their family, or at home with their family for 24 hours until their test results are back. If, upon their arrival to campus, a student tests positive for COVID-19, they will be asked to leave with their parent or guardian and remain home until they meet the CDC guidelines for being COVID-19 free. Students who test positive and do not have the ability to return home with a parent or guardian, will be isolated on campus and cared for by our Health & Wellness Staff.