During the summer we welcome a large group of young people to our campus to attend a variety of summer programs including sports camps, performing arts programs, and photography classes.
The 125-acre Williston campus has a great variety of facilities to meet your needs. To learn more about Summer Programs or inquire about facility rentals, email Gina Tirrell or call (413) 529-3247.
- Dormitory facilities for 300
- Air-conditioned dining commons seating 280
- Air-conditioned 250-seat theater
- Music and dance rehearsal and performance rooms
- Five studios for painting and drawing
- State-of-the-art photography and computer labs
- Classrooms, meeting rooms, and a technology center
Athletic facilities including:
- an Olympic-sized pool with diving well
- a gym with two basketball courts, six squash courts, a fitness center and weight room.
- an indoor turf facility
- two synthetic turf fields; lighted football field
- seven soccer/lacrosse fields
- three fields for field hockey
- two softball fields
- two baseball fields
- 12 tennis courts
- a track
Programs, Summer 2018
Drama + Music Programs
Hampshire Shakespeare Company Theater Workshops
- Week long sessions from Monday, July 9 – Friday, August 3
- Children create and perform their own show
- For more information about summer 2019, check back here.
A Journey in Photography
Summer Photography Workshop for Teens, grades 7-12
July 9-20, 2018
Through a series of focused activities, students will engage in the fundamentals of photography including the important technical aspects of aperture and shutter speed setting, composing an image, framing, perspective, balance, in color and black & white. Students will explore traditional and non-traditional photographic processes. We will also encourage students to look at and engage more critically with their world in order to capture interesting photographic images, while fostering their creativity and expression.We will be creating our work in state-of-the art facilities on the Williston Northampton School campus and we welcome all levels and interests.
For information about registering in 2019, check back to this page.
WORLD SPORTS CAMP
Week-long and multi-week sessions are available in the summer; check back for information about summer 2019.
NIKE SWIM CAMP
June 25-28, 2018
The Nike Swim Camp at the Williston Northampton School is a stroke technique program designed for competitive swimmers ages 10-18. Our ultimate goal is to help competitive swimmers improve their mechanics and to gain confidence, in and out of the pool, so they can swim faster and compete at the next level. Camp Director Josh Willman, the Head Swim Coach at the University of New Hampshire, and his staff accomplish this by providing ongoing constructive feedback during each pool session.
Group discounts available. Call or visit our website for more information. 1-800-NIKE-CAMP
WILLISTON BASEBALL CLINIC
Williston Baseball Coach Matt Sawyer, along with Ian Ostberg ’17 and other Williston players, will be running a baseball clinic for 10-14 year olds at Galbraith Fields on the Williston Northampton campus. The clinic will run from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm each day. The fundamentals of throwing, catching, fielding, and hitting will be covered during these clinics. There will also be opportunities for pitchers and catchers to get instruction in those particular positions as well. 12-14 year old players will get to work on the 60/90 diamond. High level baseball thinking and game strategy will be covered as players will have the opportunity to compete each day in short games.
- Monday, June 25 – Thursday, June 28, 9 a.m. to Noon each day
- Monday, July 9 – Thursday, July 12, 9 a.m. to Noon each day
Specifically designed for athletes who want to:
- Develop functional movement patterns for sport & increase injury resistance
- Improve athletic ability by increasing; strength, explosiveness, agility and Metabolic Conditioning
- Prepare for High school & college level athletics
SUMMER 2018 STRENGTH & CONDITIONING SESSIONS:
- Session 1: June 12 – June 28, 2018
- Session 2: July 17 – August 16, 2018
- Email or call coach Blayne Lapan to inform him that you will attend, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 529-3210
- Download the following forms and mail them (along with payment) to: Gina Tirrell, The Williston Northampton School, 19 Payson Ave., Easthampton, MA 01027 — Forms for any future programs will be available here.
- Make check payable to the Williston Northampton School