Information for International Students
Williston appeals to the international student who is willing to accept the adventure and challenge of making new friends from different backgrounds and who wants to study in an American academic setting which emphasizes individual initiative and success as well as active participation in the school community’s varied experiences from athletic teams to student activity groups.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application fee for international students?
• Application fee is $100.
How much is tuition?
• Tuition for 2013-2014 is $50,900.
What is Williston’s application deadline?
• January 15
What test scores are required for international students?
• All international students are required to take either the TOEFL or SSAT test; we do not accept the SLEP test.
Are there minimum scores required for admission?
• There is not a minimum SSAT score, and the average TOEFL score is approximately 90.
What are Williston’s school codes for the TOEFL and SSAT?
• Our school codes for the tests are 8230 for the SSAT and 8963 for TOEFL.
Are ESL courses offered at Williston?
• We offer an Advanced English Language Learners course to prepare students for standard English classes.
How many international students attend Williston?
• In 2013-14, we have 100 students from 27 countries. In order to provide a high quality English-based education, Williston limits the number of students from any one language base to 8-10 students.
What does an application consist of?
• Student essay, parent comments, English teacher recommendation, math teacher recommendation, personal recommendation, transcripts for the past two years, test scores, and interview.
How do I interview if I cannot visit campus?
• We do arrange Skype interviews for applicants from many countries, but we cannot guarantee a Skype interview for every international applicant who cannot visit campus. We ask that international applicants contact our Admission Office to inquire about the possibility of setting up a Skype interview. In order to arrange a Skype interview, international applicants must first submit BOTH an application AND an official copy of their school transcript to the Admission Office. All interviews must be completed before February 15 to insure a March 10 decision.
For applicants from Mainland China who cannot visit campus:
Due to the large number of applications we receive for a very limited number of spaces, students from Mainland China should plan to visit our campus for a personal tour and interview before February 15 or plan to interview with our Admission Representative in China in November to conduct an interview.
Read more about international student life and the academic program at Williston.
Should you have additional questions, please email the Admission Office or call (413) 529-3241.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to the Williston campus.