Employment Opportunities at Williston
Recognized as an exemplary secondary school by the United States Department of Education, the Williston Northampton School has been cited for its excellence in many areas, including "exemplary teaching, wide range of academic offerings, safe and attractive campus."
Williston is committed to the professional growth of faculty and to the development of a diverse, inclusive community. The school has been described as "warm, friendly, supportive and caring, as well as purposeful and challenging ... a model boarding school."
The Williston Northampton School is an equal opportunity employer.
The Williston Northampton School, an independent co-educational boarding and day school in Easthampton, Massachusetts, is a culturally diverse educational community of approximately 490 students in grades 7-12. We are seeking to hire a full-time teacher for the
2017-18 school year.
- AP Computer Science (full-year)
- Trimester elective classes in Engineering and Robotics (levels I and II)
- Trimester elective class in Electronics, Circuitry & Programming (Arduino-based),
- One full-year Mathematics course
- Fall/Winter: VEX Robotics Team
- Spring: One additional afternoon program
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with
- Independent Schools
- Classroom technologies including the use of a learning management system, OneNote, and wireless projection
- Teaching AP Computer Science (Java 8)
- Teaching programming in C++, ROBOTC and/or Java (using the BlueJ development environment)
- Teaching electronics, robotics design, prototyping and construction, and the engineering process
- Coaching a VEX Robotics team
An advanced degree is preferred but not required. This position includes involvement with our afternoon Robotics program, and may include student advising and residential responsibilities. Driving a school mini-bus is also an expectation of this position. Must possess a valid driver’s license; must have the ability to work in a school environment by successful completion of all legally required and school required background checks including the state mandated CORI, Criminal Offender Record Information, SORI, Sex Offender Record Information and Fingerprint based criminal background check.
It is important that candidates possess the flexibility, energy, commitment to teamwork and appreciation for adolescents that life in an independent school boarding community requires. Please direct all inquiries, including a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three references to Peter Valine, Dean of Faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org