The Williston Northampton Athletic Hall of Fame was formed to honor those alumni, coaches, and teams who have brought distinction to themselves and the school through their achievements, commitment, sportsmanship and leadership in athletics.
The Hall of Fame, the selection process, and the induction ceremonies are designed instill in our students, alumni, and community a sense of purpose, passion, and integrity.
The Nominating Committee will seek nominations and make recommendations to the Selection Committee of those individuals it deems worthy of inclusion in the Hall of Fame. The Selection Committee will review the nominations and make the final selection of inductees. Selections will occur annually for the first five years and then bi-annually thereafter. The initial induction will occur on Reunion Weekend while future dates may occur at other. Nominations will be closed on December 31, 2016 for this spring's induction.
It is expected that inductions will be made every year for the first five years and then every two years thereafter. No more than one team or two coaches can be inducted each time. There shall be no more than eight new inductees each period.
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES **(may be waived in unusual circumstances)
- Alumnus/a: An alumnus/a’s class should have graduated at least 10 years prior to induction.
- Coach: A coach should no longer be a member of the Williston coaching staff, nor a member of the Williston faculty or staff.
- Team: A Williston interscholastic varsity team may be considered a minimum of 10 years after the final member graduates.
- Other: Any other individual with official ties to Williston, such as an athletic trainer. Eligibility may be at the discretion of the Nomination Committee on a case-by-case basis.
Self-recommendations or unsigned/anonymous nominations will not be accepted.
“Significant contributions to the athletic programs at Northampton School for Girls, Williston Academy or Williston Northampton” shall be interpreted by the Selection Committee over time; however initial committees may consider the following:
1) Alumnus/a: His or her performance as a Williston Academy, Northampton School for Girls, or Williston Northampton School athlete, keeping in mind that sportsmanship, leadership and team play are elements of performance. All school record holders, which have stood the test of time (minimum of 10 years) will be eligible. All multiple MVP award winners will be eligible. All Denman and Alumni Bowl winners are eligible for consideration. Performances after graduation may be considered but are not the primary consideration.
2) Coach: His or her extraordinary performance as a Williston Academy, Northampton School for Girls, or Williston Northampton School coach, keeping in mind that teaching and sportsmanship are elements of performance.
3) Team: A Williston Academy, Northampton School for Girls or Williston Northampton School interscholastic varsity team that achieved distinction, such as an undefeated record, a national championship or ranking, a New England Championship or a League Championship, and whose performance personifies the very best of Williston athletics in terms of sportsmanship, excellence and impact on the school community.
INITIAL INDUCTION CLASS
Up to 2 teams
Up to 2 coaches
Up to 4 individuals