Scroll down for a listing of online resources regarding colleges, testing information, financial aid, student loans, and other sites of interest - as well as printed guides to colleges, the college application process, and test preparation.
A web-based college management tool for students and families.
The Common Application
Application for over 300 selective college and universities for admission to their undergraduate programs.
The University of California Pathways
The University of California’s online undergraduate admission information and application network.
Williston’s CEEB Code for both the ACT and SAT is 220725
College Board - PSAT/ SAT/ SAT II/ AP
Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
Free application for federal student aid
CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
The financial aid application service of the College Board
Scholarship search service.
College EssaysCollege Essay Guy
- Best Buys in College Education
- Profiles of American Colleges
- College Handbook
- Scholarship Handbook
- International Student Handbook
- Meeting College Costs: What You Need to Know Before Your Child and Your Money Leave Home
- Guide to Colleges
- College Guide for Performing Arts Majors
- College Guide for the Visual Arts Majors
- Colleges for Students with Learning Disabilities or ADD
- America's Best Value Colleges
- Visiting College Campuses
Suggested Reading for Parents:
- “College (Un)Bound” by Jeffrey Selingo
- “There is Life after College” by Jeffrey Selingo
- “Gap to Great: A Parent’s Guide to Gap Year” by Andrea Wien
- “How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success” by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- “The Gatekeepers: Inside the Admissions Process of a Premier College” by Jacques Steinberg
Suggested Reading for Students & Parents:
- “Where You Go Is Not Who You’ll Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania” by Frank Bruni
- "This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life" by David Foster Wallace
- "If This Isn't Nice, What Is? Advice for the Young" by Kurt Vonnegut
- "The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything In Between" by Bill McGarvey and Nora Bradbury-Haehl