The Williston Northampton School is a coeducational boarding and day school for students in seventh grade through post-graduate year.
Our 125-acre campus offers a challenging learning environment with a rich academic curriculum, leadership opportunities, and a full range of extracurricular activities in the arts and athletics.
Our community of students from more than 25 states and 26 countries provides a diverse and culturally rich educational experience.
The Pioneer Valley, home to the Five Colleges, provides our students access to an amazing assortment of concerts, lectures, theater offerings, sports events, stores, and restaurants.
- 500 students from 25 states and 26 countries
- 420 in the Upper School
- 80 in the Middle School
- 70% boarding students in Upper School (grades 9-12/PG)
- 30% of day students in the Upper School are from more than 30 towns in the Pioneer Valley
- 45% female students; 55% male students
- 18% students of color
- 3 students named “Commended” scholars and 1 finalist in the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program
- 6 students in 10 years published in The Concord Review
- 90 faculty members who also act as dorm parents, advisors, and coaches
- 95 teaching faculty
- 67% hold advanced degrees
- 155 courses in the humanities, sciences, and arts
- 49 Advanced Placement and honors courses
- 125-acre campus offering: large and small dorms, a professional theater, student campus center, athletic complex, two synthetic grass fields (one with lights and stadium seating), enclosed ice rink, 12 tennis courts, arts studios, and art gallery
- 60 competitive teams in 35 sports
- 30+ clubs and leadership opportunities for students
- 45,000-volume library and extensive periodical collection
- 12 students in the average class