At Williston, we understand that extracurricular activities broaden horizons and build character. Our students work hard in the classroom, and we give them a chance to explore their interests outside of the classroom.
Our western New England location provides an abundance of activities in conjunction with other schools and the Five Colleges, the outdoors, and regional metropolitan areas. There are many places to eat in Easthampton, and the Northampton/Amherst area is known for its variety.
Weekend activities are designed to give our students a choice of both on-campus and off-campus activities. There are games every weekend, seasonal plays and art exhibitions, and local trips to enjoy the seasonal changes outside. We encourage all our students to get involved, whether through community service, athletics, or the arts.
On campus we offer dances with DJs, magicians, live music, hypnotists, guest speakers, game nights, movies, and arts and crafts. Willy Gras is an annual year-end festival with music, food, dancing, games, inflatable rides, and interactive events.
The Student Activities Office is always looking for new ideas and is open to suggestions from everybody. I look forward to speaking with you.
Director of Student Activities
Here is a sampling of activities offered both on and off campus every weekend
- Boys Hockey game
- Varsity Football under the lights!
- Command-A-Van - just tell the driver where you want to go!
- Open Gym - squash, tennis, basketball, and more
- Open Reed Center - art spaces, photo lab, large screen TV, and more
- So You Think You Can Dance Competition
- Day Trip to Boston
- Day Trip to see the Sox, Patriots, Bruins, or Celtics
- A cappella concert featuring the finest college a cappella groups in the country
- Comedy Show at the Academy of Music in Northampton
- Countdown to the Oscars Movie Night
- Ski Trips
- Group trips to the movies