Information for International Students
Williston appeals to the international student who is willing to accept the adventure and challenge of making new friends from different backgrounds and who wants to study in an American academic setting which emphasizes individual initiative and success as well as active participation in the school community’s varied experiences from athletic teams to student activity groups.
UPDATE (3/10/13): Please call or email the Admission Office at Williston if you are hoping to apply for the 2013-14 academic year. At this point, Williston will not be able to consider applications from students from certain countries for the coming year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application fee for international students?
• Application fee is $100.
How much is tuition?
• Tuition for 2012-2013 is $49,400.
What is Williston’s application deadline?
• January 15
What test scores are required for international students?
• All international students are required to take either the TOEFL or SSAT test; we do not accept the SLEP test.
Are there minimum scores required for admission?
• There is not a minimum SSAT score, and the average TOEFL score is 80.
What are Williston’s school codes for the TOEFL and SSAT?
• Our school codes for the tests are 8230 for the SSAT and 8963 for TOEFL.
Are ESL courses offered at Williston?
• We offer an Advanced English Language Learners course to prepare students for standard English classes.
How many international students attend Williston?
• In 2012-13, we have 90 students from 24 countries. In order to provide a high quality English-based education, Williston limits the number of students from any one language base to 8-10 students.
What does an application consist of?
• Student essay, parent comments, English teacher recommendation, math teacher recommendation, personal recommendation, transcripts for the past two years, test scores, and interview.
How do I interview if I cannot visit campus?
• We strongly encourage you to visit campus if possible but if you are not able to, we can arrange a Skype or telephone interview. In order to arrange a Skype or telephone interview, international applicants must first submit BOTH an application AND an official copy of their school transcript to the Office of Admission. Once these documents have been submitted, students should contact the Office of Admission to set up a telephone or Skype interview. We will begin conducting telephone or Skype interviews in the late fall. All Skype or telephone interviews must be completed before February 15 to ensure a March 10 decision.
For Chinese applicants who cannot visit campus:
Candidates from China requesting interviews will be asked to contact Vericant, our affiliate in China. Vericant will conduct interviews, and candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample during their interview. Vericant does not evaluate candidates but, instead, posts the interview online for Williston's Admission Office for review. To learn more about Vericant, please visit www.vericant.com.
Read more about international student life and the academic program at Williston.
Should you have additional questions, please email the Admission Office or call (413) 529-3241.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to the Williston campus.